over 5 years ago
Sweet honey, tangy vinegar and rich butter provide a balanced glaze for carrots. This dish makes a colorful accompaniment to roast beef or chicken.
- 1 pound baby carrots or young carrots with green tops, peeled and greens trimmed to 1/2 inch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Steam carrots over an inch or two of boiling water until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet and stir in honey and vinegar. Add steamed carrots to the skillet and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until carrots are well glazed, 2 to 4 minutes. Season carrots with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
- 124 calories
- 6g total fat
- 4g saturated fat
- 15mg cholesterol
- 90mg sodium
- 18g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 14g sugar)
- 1g protein